On Friday night, we went with Vanessa and the Nampa Institute to a Steelheads hockey game. Jared had a lot of fun, but I discovered that I think hockey is kind of boring. Jared's brother, C.J., went with us, and I think he felt the same as me. The only fun parts were when they scored a goal or got into a fight! It was a pretty good game though. The Steelheads scored a winning goal with 0.5 seconds left in the game. I will admit that it was pretty exciting and I even cheered!
Jared and me at the Steelheads game. This was his "ridiculous" face.
We also had a lot of fun just hanging out at my mom's. C.J. came over and we played a TON of games and just talked alot. We also went to Tucanos for lunch. It is this delicious Brazillian grill that serves all the meat you can eat. Since Jared and C.J. both went on their missions to Brazil, they both had a ton of fun. Every time a waiter brought more food, Jared would grin because he was so happy to have real Brazillian food again. Also, some of the waiters were RMs from Brazil and spoke Portugese, so Jared also had fun speaking Portugese again. I also love hearing it and I am starting to understand it better. (Which is good, because sometimes Jared and his brothers will speak in Portugese to each other, and now I can tell what they are saying. No more secrets! Haha!)
Overall, we had a great weekend. It was nice to get away from Rexburg for awhile and enjoy some time with our family and friends. Hopefully, we will be able to do it again soon!





sounds like you had a great time love ya
ReplyDelete